Heather...I have not tried to do a fresh ham myself...but some of my friends on another forum have done them.
Here are some suggestions:
1) Fresh hams have to be cured
2) Trim the fat cap and score it all over
3) Inject the ham with a injection of your choice
4) Rub with a good rub of your choice
5) Smoke at 225-250 until internal temp of about 140
6) Pull and double wrap with HD foil for 1-1 1/2hrs...internal temp should reach about 150
7) If you choose to glaze...glaze a couple of time the last hour before you pull to wrap
Always cook by internal temperture and NOT by time!!!!
Generally it will take about 30min per pound.....again...cook by internal temps
Hope this helps!!
"IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"